Thursday, July 23, 2009

Welcome to Crumbs!


I am going to start this blog with a confession: My name is Kelly, and I am addicted to cooking blogs. I mean, up until four in the morning, listening to the birds chirp, shuffling through the archives of my favorites. There is just something about appetite-whetting photos coupled with a witty narrative that I find absolutely irresistible. I'm sure it's not a surprise that my blog addiction was spawned by my deep adoration of cookbooks, cooking magazines, and television shows about cooking.

At this point I am probably stating the obvious when I say that I love food, and I love to cook. I am not a foodie (I am far too dedicated to Rachael Ray and the occasional Taco Bell run for that), but I am very open minded about trying new things, and I love to cook with fresh ingredients. Lately I have been inspired to really branch out and change the way that I cook, and to challenge myself by making more food from scratch. Starting my own blog to document these culinary exploits seemed like a natural next step.

I plan on updating this blog every few days with new tales of my kitchen adventures. I will follow and review recipes from a wide variety of cookbooks, magazines, and blogs. Right now I am focused on using more whole foods and increasing the number of meatless dishes in my repertoire, so you can expect to see a lot of those recipes. Also, I have been bitten by the baking bug (alliterative, much?), so you will find out what happens to a dough-phobic gal that decides she wants to be a bread maker. This blog will also feature pictures of my cooking projects. I am not much of a photographer, and my apartment kitchen is far (oh so very far) from photogenic, but I am going to give it my best shot.

So welcome to Crumbs! I hope that you enjoy my blog, and that I can inspire some people to get in the kitchen and get creative. If you have any cooking questions or if there are any recipes that you would like to see featured here, send me an e-mail or leave a message in the comments. I would like to use this blog to learn more, so I also encourage you to leave any feedback, tips, or advice in the comments.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a date with a cutting board and some mixing bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment